10 ways part-time works
Why aren’t more businesses taking on part-time workers? As productivity becomes more of a concern for UK businesses, it’s going to be more and more important that businesses hire high calibre, effective staff.
As a part-time and flexible recruiter for professionals, we witness every day how part-time workers make a huge difference to organisations.
Our ten reasons part-time work works:
1.Super productive –part-time workers perform to a high standard in order to get the job done in the hours they’re contracted for. As a result, they have to be very focussed and won’t waste time – they simply don’t have the time to spare.
2. Good at deadlines – part-time staff work to deadlines and meet them. Every day has a deadline attached to it to cover those times they are out of the office – a bit like a pre-holiday week for full-timers.
3. Highly accountable – part-time workers have to give a mini handover the day before they’re out of the office, so any loose ends aren’t left untied when they’re not there.
4. Totally committed – part-timers will work hard for your business. It’s a sad fact that this kind of work is still hard to come by so they’re happy and fulfilled to be working in a flexible role.
5. High calibre professionals – a part-time worker can often be over qualified because their top priority is flexibility, so businesses sometimes get more skills for their money.
6. Experienced and dedicated – part-time staff often have bags of experience, gained in previous full-time positions. There’s usually a reason they are choosing to go part-time and it’s often to do with changing priorities, such as caring for their family.
7. Great value hires – recruit a part-time worker and you’ll save money on your recruitment fees and salary bill compared with the cost of recruiting a full-timer.
8. Not after your job – part-time workers should be valued and promoted like anyone else, but often promotion doesn’t drive their motivations to perform to the best of their ability.
9. Local people – you won’t hear excuses about travel arrangements as a reason for being late. Part-time workers usually live nearby so they’re reliable members of staff.
10. An asset to your business – if you can’t afford a full-time worker, a part-timer can help fill gaps or get a project off the ground that’s been overlooked.
Hire a part-time worker today
If you’d like to find out more about hiring a part-time worker for your business, please get in touch with your local Ten2Two office today.