Get set for September, a traditionally busy time for recruitment once the summer holiday period comes to an end. Here are our top tips for job seekers…
- Make sure your CV is as good as it can be. You might also think about tailoring it for each role you apply for.
- Update your LinkedIn profile, making it sparkly, bright and current. This is your ‘public face’ that recruiters and employers look at.
- ‘Link in’ with anyone you’ve ever worked with. Don’t worry if it’s been a long time since you’ve been in touch – when it comes to business, no one minds.
- Keep an eye out for local businesses that might be recruiting. You can easily do this by following companies on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
- Check company websites for careers news – particularly if they have a recruitment section as it can help to apply direct to the company.
- In some cases, you may even wish to advertise your services – for example, if you’re a freelancer, are there industry websites where professional job seekers like yourself can have a presence?
- Let Ten2Two know if there are any businesses you’d like us to approach on your behalf. If you have a dream job, talk about it with us. It might lead to a new opportunity.
- Tell everyone who’ll listen that you’re looking for a new role. Many people get their jobs through friends of friends – a personal recommendation is very powerful.
- Engage with the recruitment agencies you’ve signed up with as much as possible. That way they will always know exactly what you’re looking for, and can represent you well with your interests at heart.
- Remember, not all recruitment agencies are created equally. You’ll soon be able to tell which recruiters are on the ball – if they’re professional, they’ll want to get to know you so they can match the right people to the right job.
Calling all job seekers and employers! Get in touch today if you’re thinking about a new role or if you’re considering a new flexible worker for your business. We’ll be happy to help.