Registering with Ten2Two
Registering with Ten2Two is a simple process. Just let us have your personal details and your CV and we’ll take it from there.
It’s all about data. The details you give us – especially your contact details and CV – are the key to helping your find your perfect flexible role. Remember:
1. Make sure you’ve completed your registration as fully as possible – in particular your preferred position (if you don’t have a preference it’s best to put down your previous position). The registration page is our first port of call for searching our database. So the more details we have the better. If you haven’t had time to fully complete it, you can always log back in using your email address and password.
2. Our second port of call is your CV – our system searches CVs electronically for key words and, with your explicit permission, CVs are forwarded to prospective employers on your behalf. So make sure that your CV is as good as it can be:
- Does it have a Personal Profile on the first page?
- Does it start with your latest achievements rather than your qualifications?
- Have you re-read it to make sure it is relevant to the job at hand?
- If you were an employer, would you read it and be compelled to arrange an interview with you?
Check out our CV writing advice here.
Your Membership options
Full Membership makes you active on our candidate database immediately. As a Full Member we will be actively seeking flexible or part-time work for you that match your skills. You’ll also get full access to a range of benefits, including support services and products for members returning to work or looking for a new job. We’ll keep you up to date through our regular newsletters. (All free of charge!)
Associate Membership allows you to get involved, but we know you might not be quite ready. As an Associate Member, we won’t actively look for work on your behalf or shortlist you for flexible or part-time jobs; however you can become a Full Member whenever you’re ready. In the meantime, we’ll keep you up to date with everything that’s happening, and perhaps spark an interest in one of our future roles. (All free of charge!)
A Simple Process
Register on site
Receive an acknowledgement
CV is reviewed by your local team
Your local team will contact you
We contact you when a suitable role comes up
We don’t typically meet members individually face to face, unless there is a specific role that you’re interested in. But you may want to chat to likeminded people, so it’s worth meeting your local team at one of our local ‘get to know you’ sessions. Keep an eye out for details.
Wherever you are in your job-hunting process, there are always questions to answer and issues to consider.
Here’s a quick checklist of things to think about before you register:
|1. Do you have an up-to-date CV?
We can’t do much for you without one. If you need to update yours or even do one for the first time check out our hints and tips. Don’t forget to watch out for dates for our local CV and interviewing workshops.
|2. What job do you want to do?
Is it the same as you did before or are you looking for a fresh challenge? Do you want to work flexibly in part-time work or as a job share? It’s important to have some idea.
|3. What skills and experience do you bring to a new role?
It’s a good idea to write out your specific skills and competencies, especially if you’re looking to change direction.
|4. Where do you want to work?
How far are you willing to travel to a new job? Are you constrained by family commitments or are you keen to avoid commuting?
|5. What hours and/or days do you want to work?
School hours? Full days? Check out the flexible working options here.
|6. What’s your preferred working format?
You might want a permanent role or be happy working on a contract or freelance basis. Take a look at the breakdown of employment types here.