Top tips for surviving Christmas party season
It’s Christmas party season. So how can you make sure yours goes with a snap, crackle and pop – without any added workplace paranoia afterwards?!
Our top tips for festive work party success…
- Keep it light. Don’t speak to your boss about heavy issues like pay rises, a missed flexible working opportunity or general disgruntlements. It’s their Christmas party too.
- New to the company? Consider holding back and avoid that extra drink that may tip you over the edge. In fact, that’s good advice for everyone!
- Dress appropriately. Feather boas are fine if it’s fancy dress, but remember this is a work do. Dress smartly, but don’t over do it.
- Have an exit plan. Book cabs in advance and stay safe. And always stick to the plan, otherwise you may have a few regrets the next day!
- Avoid a big farewell. If you’re ducking out early, avoid making a big deal out of it. You could be seen as a party pooper, or worse, they make you drink more and you miss your train/cab/other.
- Enjoy yourself. You’ve worked hard. Stick with the people you feel comfortable around and remember, this is meant to be fun.
- Make friends. Seize the opportunity to meet colleagues you wouldn’t otherwise get to chat to – like Jane in Finance. You never know when you may have a pay slip issue one day.
- Say thank you. Make sure your bosses know you enjoyed yourself, without being too cheesy. If you went somewhere special, a quick email the next day could be a good way to go. You be the judge.
If you’ve really made a muck up of the Christmas party, don’t worry. Here at Ten2Two, we find fantastic flexible jobs for professionals across the south east. Just get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.