It’s Christmas party season. So how can you make sure yours goes with a snap, crackle and pop – without any added workplace paranoia afterwards?! We share our top tips for festive work party success…
- Keep it light. Don’t speak to your boss about heavy issues like pay rises, a missed flexible working opportunity or general disgruntlements. It’s their Christmas party too.
- New to the company? Consider holding back and avoid that extra drink that may tip you over the edge. In fact, that’s good advice for everyone!
- Dress appropriately. Feather boas are fine if it’s fancy dress, but remember this is a work do. Dress smartly, but don’t over do it.
- Have an exit plan. Book cabs in advance and stay safe. And always stick to the plan, otherwise you may have a few regrets the next day!
- Avoid a big farewell. If you’re ducking out early, avoid making a big deal out of it. You could be seen as a party pooper, or worse, they make you drink more and you miss your train/cab/other.
- Enjoy yourself. You’ve worked hard. Stick with the people you feel comfortable around and remember, this is meant to be fun.
- Make friends. Seize the opportunity to meet colleagues you wouldn’t otherwise get to chat to – like Jane in Finance. You never know when you may have a pay slip issue one day.
- Say thank you. Make sure your bosses know you enjoyed yourself, without being too cheesy. If you went somewhere special, a quick email the next day could be a good way to go. You be the judge.
If you’ve really made a muck up of the Christmas party, don’t worry. We find fantastic flexible jobs for professionals across the south east. Just get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.