Many people we talk to think that a good CV and a recruitment agency are all you need to find your next role. It’s definitely a good start, but what else could you be doing to find your next flexible position?
Registering with Ten2Two should be high on your list – we would say that! – but you can also take a proactive approach to job hunting. Here are some quick tips to help you find your ideal flexible working position:
- Make sure your CV is as good as it can be. You might also think about tailoring it for each role you apply for.
- Update your LinkedIn profile, making it sparkly, bright and current. This is your ‘public face’ that recruiters and employers look at.
- ‘Link in’ with anyone you’ve ever worked with. Don’t worry if it’s been a long time since you’ve been in touch – when it comes to business, no one minds.
- Keep an eye out for local businesses that might be recruiting. You can easily do this by following companies on Twitter or Facebook but remember, not every company uses social media.
- Check company websites for careers news – particularly if they have a recruitment section as it can help to apply direct to the company.
- Let Ten2Two know if there are any businesses you’d like us to approach on your behalf. If you have a dream job, talk about it with us. It might lead to a new opportunity opening up.
- Tell everyone who’ll listen that you’re looking for a new role. Many people get their jobs through friends of friends – a personal recommendation is very powerful.
- Engage with the recruitment agencies you’ve signed up with as much as possible. That way they will always know exactly what you’re looking for, and can represent you well with your interests at heart.
Remember, not all recruitment agencies are created equal. We pride ourselves in really getting to know our candidates and clients alike, so we can match the right people to the right job. And that way, everyone’s happy.
Get in touch today if you’re thinking about a new role or if you’re considering a new flexible worker for your business. We’ll be happy to help.