How to begin the recruitment process?
It’s true that designing a fresh job description is an important part of the recruitment process. When an employee comes to you and tells you they are leaving their job, there’s a lot to consider. We say that examining and interrogating your job description is a good place to start.
If you can evaluate the key responsibilities of the employee you need to recruit for, you can assess your business priorities and where a new member of staff’s strengths will lie. It can help you to consider the best way to proceed, particularly where cost-effective recruitment is concerned.
What to consider when recruiting for a new role:
- What is the most important thing your current employee does?
- Could this work be done in a more effective way?
- What changes would you make to the current job description?
- Could your employee achieve the same results on a flexible basis?
- Does this role need to be full-time? Could you consider flexible working options such as a four-day week or job share?
Flexible workers can achieve greater levels of productivity and are proven to be loyal and hard-working members of staff, as our Flexible and Proud Report outlines.
If you’d like help designing a flexible job description, we can help. Ten2Two offers flexible job design consultancy. So, give us a call and we can help you kick start your recruitment process today.