What to Expect
You’re Registered. What happens next?
Well, a couple of things. Primarily we immediately include you in our candidate searches for flexible jobs in your area and secondly, we invite you to become involved in our community of professionals and take advantage of the support we offer.
As a Ten2Two member you can expect to:
- Be considered as a candidate for suitable flexible jobs as they arise
- Meet one of the team when a suitable flexible or part-time role arises
- Receive our regular newsletter by email
- Get regular ‘Job of the Week’ emails
- Be invited to our free Member workshop and networking programme
- Be invited to paid for training and development opportunities
- Benefit from local and national partner offers
- Be asked to participate in research projects as they arise
We look forward to working with you.
Your Job Search
We operate more like a search and selection company than a high street recruitment agency. We don’t put our roles online, and we typically only source our candidates from our member community.
One of our team will contact you when a position comes up that matches your skills, experience and location. We’ll call you or contact you by email and send you a brief overview of the role. Then if you’re interested, we’ll talk to you in more detail about the role; double check your CV and put you forward.
We’ll keep you up to date on progress and arrange interviews for you. And if you’re successful, we’ll help you through the process of agreeing a start date and signing your employment contract.
Job of the Week
Look out for ‘Job of the Week’. For the majority of our roles, we’ll search our database and contact members directly when we find a match. However we occasionally send out flexible jobs by e-mail to a broader group of Ten2Two members.
These are jobs that are looking for difficult-to-find skills. Or they could be flexible jobs where we’ve been unable to find a match, or ones we think our members or their contacts might be interested in – even though it’s not quite their core area or expertise.
In these instances, it’s good for members to be able to identify themselves, or forward the emails on to colleagues, friends and family in their network. We find this process works really well and has found some unusual matches over the past year.
It’s all about data. The details you give us – especially your contact details and CV – are the key to helping your find your perfect role. If you haven’t already, there are a few things you can do to have the best chance of securing the ideal flexible job when one comes up:
1. Make sure you’ve completed your registration pages as fully as possible – in particular your preferred position (if you don’t have a preference it’s best to put down your previous position). The registration page is our first port of call for searching our database. So the more details we have the better. If you haven’t had time to fully complete it, you can always log back in using your email address and password.
2. Our second port of call is your CV – our system searches CVs electronically for key words and, with your explicit permission, CVs are forwarded to prospective employers on your behalf. So make sure that your CV is as good as it can be:
- Does it have a Personal Profile on the first page?
- Does it start with your latest achievements rather than your qualifications?
- Have you re-read it to make sure it is relevant to the job at hand?
- If you were an employer, would you read it and be compelled to arrange an interview with you?
Meet the Team
We usually only ask you to meet us if there’s a live flexible job opportunity that fits your skills. However, we do have regular Member get-togethers which are a good chance for us to meet you face to face to discuss your situation. These are also a great opportunity to meet and network with like-minded people – there’s always lots of email swapping going on.
In the meantime if you would like to discuss flexible jobs and your current situation please get in touch. Or if there are any specific companies you would like us to contact on your behalf, let us know. We are always happy to arrange a call and talk it through. Contact your local team now.
More than a Recruitment Agency…
As you’ve probably gathered from our website, Ten2Two is more than a recruitment agency focusing on flexible jobs. Of course, we aim to find you work that fits in with your life and personal commitments, but we also try to foster a culture of personal development and to build a community of peers. That’s why we run a programme of development workshops throughout the year. We also have a client and role referral scheme and call our registered job hunters ‘members’ rather than ‘candidates’.
Member Development Events
Look out for details of our professional development events. They’re FREE to members and cover topics such as CV writing, interviewing and using social media to develop your career.
“Thank you so much for such an inspiring event last night. It’s really motivated me to take my flexible job hunt seriously. It was just the boost I needed go get me going”
Flexible Working Development
Every year we conduct research amongst our members on topics such as the issues around returning to work after having a baby, employers’ attitudes towards flexibility and working mums in the workplace. We engage with a range of policy and development organisations to make your opinions known and contribute to the national debate on flexible and part-time employment.